Table of Contents
At last Samsung galaxy S6 owners can taste Google latest smartphone OS Android 8 Oreo. But this is not the official ROM. Lineage OS is the most popular aftermarket firmware for Android powered devices. If you are a geek then you must have heard or tried Lineage OS on your smartphone. Now you can try this initial release of Lineage OS 15 android 8.0 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920x.
Android 8 Oreo-All New Features You Need To Know
- Please remember that Oreo is still a very new release of Android and may contain bugs which are probably going to be fixed in some weeks or even days by the Lineage OS-team or even by Google itself.
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Stock-Camera is unusable because it is missing a SD-Card
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S6 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Download the LOS 15 below:
- Download gapps below:
How to Install Lineage OS 15 For Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920x)
- Download the Lineage OS 15 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Wipe cache, dalvik/ART cache, data.
- Install Lineage OS ROM.
- Then Install gapps.
- Reboot and enjoy.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.