A Good news for all Motorola Moto E 2015 users. Now you can enjoy the Lineage OS 15 custom ROM for Moto E 2015. Google released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for Pixel and Nexus supported device. In this post, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 Android 8 Oreo For Moto E 2015. This update is under development. Currently, we haven’t tested this ROM yet. As per the record, Developer claims that the most of the bugs are fixed and you can use it for daily use.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Mp3 Playback
- Video Playback
- Video recording (use footej instead)
- VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL
- Permissive SELinux
- Download Lineage OS below:
- Download gapps below:
How To Install
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G 2014. leave this step if you have already.
- Install this custom Recovery TWRP if you don’t have already.
- Download the Lineage OS 15 ROM to your smartphone from above.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.