How To Install TWRP Custom recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
If you want to install TWRP v3.1.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 then follow this guide. Their are two methods to install a recovery which are mentioned below.
Warning: You must have a KitKat (Android 4.4) or newer bootloader in order for TWRP to work on this device.
- Download TWRP v3.1 for Note 3 Exynos international variant
Download TWRP v3.1 for Note 3 Qualcomm Variant Europe & Americas (SM-N9005, SM-N900A, SM-N900W8, SM-N900T, SM-N900R4, SM-N900P, SM-N900V)
Odin Install Method (No Root Required)
- You will need to download and install Odin on your PC.
- Once you have Odin installed, download the .tar file for your device from the download link above.
- Power off your device.
- Turn on your device using the proper key combo to get into download mode and attach the device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Use the PDA tab or button to browse to and select the tar file that you downloaded and flash the device.
Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.
dd Install Method (Requires Root)
- Download the latest image file (.img) from the download link above. It is in tar format so extract the img file.
- Place it in the root of your /sdcard folder and rename it to twrp.img. Run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/RECOVERY
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.[social_icons_group id=”15341″]