Table of Contents
Samsung has officially announced Android 8 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S8 beta program. Not only does it bump the core Android version to 8.0, but the beta update also includes the latest “Samsung Experience” version 9.0, which is shaping up to be a nice jump up from version 8.5 launched with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Samsung says that the software being previewed here will be closely related to what launches on the “next flagship Galaxy device” — aka the Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Android Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- UI Version: Samsung experience UI 9.0
- Device name: Galaxy S8
- Build number: G950USQU1ZQJJ, G950UOYN1ZQJJ, G950USQU1ZQJJ
- Status: Official beta
- This guide is to Install October Security Patch Update on Galaxy S8 SM-G950U (G950USQU1ZQJJ).
- Supported by T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and US Unlocked Carriers
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
How To Install Galaxy S8 Oreo
The process of signing up for the Oreo beta is pretty simple. Just download the Samsung+ app from Google Play (or Samsung Members app outside of the U.S.), sign in with your Samsung Account and wait to see if you receive the prompt to enroll in the app — it’ll show up right on the main screen.
Last year’s beta program for testing Nougat on the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge was severely limited at first to just several thousand people, but Samsung has bumped that up this year to 10,000. It does say that there will be “additional rounds” of registration, but it isn’t clear if that means it will open up more slots overall. Odin flashable firmware will be available here when it will be stable, you can subscribe our push notification that will let you know about update at once.