Latest OxygenOS open beta Android 8 Oreo update for OnePlus 5T started rolling out. Recently launched OnePlus 5T comes with OxygenOS 4.7.1 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The company previously started rolling the Android Oreo update for OnePlus 5 and now released the Android Oreo OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T users. The new OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T brings all Android 8.0 features like Picture in Picture mode, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, Quick settings design, and bring latest September security patch. Download OnePlus 5T Android 8.0 Oreo Update from below.
Try this at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage to your device. You will stop receiving OTA updates after installing this beta update.
Features and Changelog
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimized the app shortcut style
- Combine icon options with app shortcuts
- Now able to upload photos to Shot on OnePlus 5T
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-Fill
- Added Smart Text Selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated Android security patch to December
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5T.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. Mobile Tech 360 is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS for OnePlus 5T
- Oxygen OS open beta 1 ROM below:
How to Install OxygenOS Android 8 Oreo Update on OnePlus 5T
For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery
- Download the Beta 1 Full Zip from above link and place it in the root folder.
Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown the Device > Press Vol Down + Power Together
Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select Beta 1 Full Zip > Flash
Upon Successful Flash > Wipe Cache
Reboot Once Done
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC.
- Download the OxygenOS for OnePlus 5T from above
- Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
- Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose Install from ADB Sideload
- Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
- On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
- Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Flash the Oxygen OS on OnePlus 5T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
If you liked this post share this on your social media accounts and follow us on social sites to stay tuned. Feel free to comment below if you encounter any problem. [social_icons_group id=”15341″]