Samsung launched the Galaxy Alpha on August 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and later upgraded to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here in this post we will help you on how to install Lineage OS 15 Android 8 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Just follow this simple guide and you are done.
- Notifications Channels
This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps and make it easier to manage notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture
Videos will switch to smaller and minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support
This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation
This feature would bring you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits
This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New WiFi Features
This new Android version would Include more WiFi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons
Google has made icons in Android Oreo to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy Alpha only.
- Charge your phone upto 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download The Lineage OS 15 below:
- Download Gapps below:
How To Install
- Download required files from above.
- Place the files in the SD card.
- Open TWRP you installed previously.
- Wipe cache, dalvik/ART cache,data.
- Install Lineage OS and then gapps.
- Reboot and enjoy.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.[social_icons_group id=”15341″]