AOSP custom ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest OS for Nexus 6. Nexus 6 owners can update their devices to latest Android version that is Oreo by installing this custom ROM. Their is no announcement from google about official update for Nexus 6. So try this ROM and enjoy the new amazing features of OREO.
- This will work on Nexus 6 (shamu) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Download AOSP below:
- Download gapps below:
How To Install/Flash
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6
- Now install TWRP Recovery.
- Download the below Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus 6.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Wipe cache, dalvik/ART cache.
- Now install ROM.
- After that install gapps and reboot.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.