Welcome to Mobile Tech 360. In this post we are sharing this guide to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is the budget device from Xiaomi at just $160. It has quite competitive specs which you can read here. Before customizing Redmi Y1 you need to unlock bootloader.
- A Laptop or PC
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device.
- USB Cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
- Download Mi Flash Tool – CLICK HERE
How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
- To Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
- You need to download the Mi Flash Tool First
- Extract the downloaded file Mi Flash Tool Zip.
- Now open the Mi Flash Unlock from the folder that you extracted
- Click on Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP HERE
- After Login, validation process will start and you will get a message “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Now Click the “Go” button and it will take to the page http://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen in the page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So log in and Fill your details with your Mobile Number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the process.
- You need to wait until your application is accepted.
- When your Application is approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen
- You are almost done. Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from MiFlashTool
- Open the MiflashTool from the extracted folder and now you should have the permission to unlock the phone.
- Once your phone is connected, the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will be unlocked and Start Flashing custom recovery, Custom Rom and more.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEM FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.