OnePlus 5T is the latest addition to Oneplus flagship series. If you have purchased or intended to purchase this device and want to customize it, you will definitely need an unlocked bootloader. Oneplus smartphones come with locked boot-loader, so for installing custom recoveries, custom ROMs or kernels, you need to unlock it. Here we are sharing simple and working guide to unlock boot-loader of Oneplus 5T. If you want to unlock bootloader, you must keep in mind its consequences, like you will void your warranty, you may brick your device afterwards. So follow this guide at your own risk.
- This guide is only for OnePlus 5T.
- You need Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How To Unlock Bootloader
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed on fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone is booted up. If you want to install TWRP recovery and root refer here.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.[social_icons_group id=”15341″]