- New method: Googlefier Installer:Install GMS on Huawei in easy steps
- Recommended: Top 9 Secure Google Play Store Alternatives
- Compatible Models
- Other Method: [EMUI10.1]Install Google Services/Play Store(GMS) On Huawei/Honor Phones
- How To Install Google Services/Play Store On Huawei/Honor
- Step By Step Guide To Install Google Services on Huawei
- Resolving Google Play Services Error
Huawei has been under fire from last year due to Trump policies. But Huawei is producing amazing devices and with incredible performance. But lacking Google Mobile Services. Huawei has introduced its app store as AppGallery that have almost all the apps you need. But most people want to stick with google apps for no reason. So in this, I’ll tell you How to install Google mobile services (GMS) on your Huawei phone. I have tried this on Huawei Nova 7i but you can use this method on Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40 Lite, Huawei Y8s and other recent Huawei devices.
TIP: For everything to go as planned we suggest that you read this tutorial until the end.
- Backup performed (to restore your data when the process is finished) Install on a new phone if possible.
- USB stick and OTG adapter
- Internet Connection
Recommended: Top 9 Secure Google Play Store Alternatives
We have successfully tested this method on the following models:
- Must work on all Huawei devices without GMS
Step By Step Guide To Install Google Services on Huawei
- Download the two ZIP files from the button below:
- Transfer these files to the USB drive.
- Unzip the files.
- Connect the USB to the smartphone.
- Extract the Google installation file in the root directory of USB.
- You will have 2 folders in the zz Google Installation folder.
- Now move the extracted folders to root directory. (root directory means without any folder)
- Go to settings> backup and restore
- Go to the “Backup and Restore” option
- Choose Restore Backup from external storage (the USB connected to the smartphone).
- Here you will see 7 March backup.
- Possible error: No backup file visible in the backup and restore. Solution: Before moving “Huawei” folder from ZZ installation to root directory, open back up and restore from settings.
- Select 7 March 2020 backup for restore.
- The password for the restoration is “firlando234” .It will be shown there also as a hint.
- Now restore the backup.
- Go to the home screen and close all background apps.
- Now look for LZPlay app(G icon) in the apps drawer or home screen and open it.
- Give all the permissions
- It will show a list of apps in Chinese.
- Do not press any button right now.
|UPDATE: In case LZPLAY does not run correctly and not show the list of apps with a blue button in the bottom, uninstall LZPLAY and uninstall “Backup” app. Now reboot and install APK from the fix file and reset the backup. If everything works fine to proceed to the next step.|
- Open PLAY> Return to the home screen > Close all background applications> Open the LZPLAY application again> Touch the blue button at the bottom.
- Minimize the LZ Play app
Update: As of June 18 we are getting error while sign in the Google Account. Solution: Install 1-5 APK and skip the 6. Follow the guide to Login to Google Accounts: Guide To Solve Login Error. After that return to this guide.
- Now go to Files> External USB> Google Installation folder> Install first 6 APKs, they are numbered. Make sure to check 2 boxes when installing the first app.
- Do not install the other three.
- Don’t open any app.
- Close all applications and clear background apps also.
NOW THIS IS THE TIME TO ADD GOOGLE ACCOUNTS IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE ADD THEM ALL. If you need to add an account later you need to freeze google framework app.
- Go to SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS AND USERS and add Google account.
- Close all applications
(Now the Play Services errors will start to appear. Everything is fine. It’s already resolved! The Play Store should start updating, it may not be immediate, wait for 3 to 4 minutes for the updates to finish, otherwise, you will have to repeat everything! The updated version can confirm that you have already updated by opening the Play Store and in Settings to see if they have the latest version)
- Now go to the Files> Google Installation folder > install APK number 7.
- Return to the home screen and close all apps.
- Open the Play Store and install the Device ID app. There are many, this is the one you should install.
- Open Device ID and give permissions.
- You should have Google Service Framework number.
- Close all applications.
Resolving Google Play Services Error
- Confirm in Device ID that we have the Google Service Framework number.
- Go to Settings > Applications > show system processes > Google Services Framework and clear cache and clear data. You should do it 3-4 times.
- Return to the home screen.
- Close all applications.
- Confirm in Device ID that the Google Service Framework number has disappeared.
( Possible problem: The number has not disappeared, in this case, clear the Framework cache and data again, open the Device ID again, repeat until the Device ID number disappears)
- Now open settings > apps > open Google Play Services > Clear Cache and uninstall.
- Close all apps
- Now go to files and install APK number 8 now.
- Go to the home screen and close all apps
- Now open play store it will give an error. Retry until it loads and apps are opening.
- Now close play store and clear background apps.
- Open Device id. Now GSF number should reappear.
- now got to settings> apps> show system processes > google services framework and clear cache and clear data.
- Return to home and close all apps.
- Open device id and GSF will be gone.
- Open play store and open an app. It will give and error. Try 4-5 times and if it doesn’t work restart your phone.
- After restart open play store again.
- Check if it works fine. Try 4-5 times if it works fine by closing it and opening it again.
- If it doesn’t work, restart your phone again.
- Now open play store it should work.
(If after several attempts the GSF number does not appear again and the Play Store continues to give an error. Do the following: Clear Google Framework cache and data + Clear Play Store cache )
- Open Device ID application and confirm that we have the Google Service Framework number back
- Now go to settings > apps > show system processes > Google Play Services and uninstall.
- Now Go back to files and install APK number 9.
- Now you will not get the error.
If you still get an error, you can the second method here.
You should install the system updates, if any, before installing. This method is working as off now June 1st, 2020. I have used this method and successfully installed google apps.
This method was provided by Firlando234 and all credits to him.