How To Flash TWRP Recovery on LG G6 (H870 European)
This guide is for installing TWRP recovery on LG G6 H870 European Version. Don’t try this on any other variant you may damage your device. We will not be responsible for any damage.
You must have bootloader unlocked for flashing TWRP recovery. Follow this guide to unlock bootloader> How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG G6 (H870 European)
How To Flash/Install
- For TWRP recovery you will need to download the TWRP H870 image from button below:
- Reboot into the bootloader by following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Flash TWRP recovery by following command. Replace the red words by name of recovery.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
For TWRP to “stick” you must 1st boot into TWRP and not boot back into Android until after doing one of the following…
- flashing SuperSU/Magisk
- deleting the recovery-from-boot.p file from the /system directory
- flashing the no-verity-opt-encrypt-4.1 or android-boot-repack zips
After flashing TWRP unplug the USB cable and power off the phone. Then boot into recovery which should hopefully load TWRP.
To boot into recovery:
- Using 2 hands.. use one hand/finger to press/hold volume down.. and use the other hand for the power button. Press n hold both buttons.
- As soon as you see the LG logo on the screen. Let go of the power button then quickly press it again (never letting go of volume down).
- Keep holding until you see the Factory Reset screen. Click through the factory reset screens using the volume buttons to move up/down and power button to select. Choose “Yes” twice until it boots into TWRP recovery. Despite what the screen says it won’t actually factory reset/wipe your data… as long as you’ve installed TWRP. If stock recovery is installed it WILL wipe data.
- Now you can flash your root zip of choice. You will not be able to decrypt your internal data while in TWRP since decryption for the most recent LG devices has not yet been added in TWRP (unless performing a full /data format in TWRP.. not recommended unless you prefer your data unencrypted) but you can:
- Use an unencrypted external sdcard to throw the files onto
- adb push the files while in TWRP to the /tmp directory
- use adb sideload in TWRP
Feel free to back up first.. but otherwise.. time to install SuperSU/Magisk. Reboot into system when finished.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL SITES TO STAY TUNED. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER OR RSS FEED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW.