Track and report Heritage units (locomotives) and other special interest units for Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific, CSX, BNSF, CN, CP and other railroads.
• View reported locomotives within a configured mile radius of your devices location.
• Report a new locomotive location directly from the app
• View locomotives on google maps
• Setup android notifications to alert you when a newly reported locomotive has been recorded on the site.
All recorded locomotive information is provided by volunteers using native apps and website (https://heritageunits.com)
If you need assistance, please go to https://www.heritageunits.com/main/contact
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
• The “Location” permission is required so that the app can determine your location to find locomotives near you, assist during recording a new report and center the map on your position and allow for submission of new reports. The app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The “Wi-Fi connection information” permission is needed so that the app can determine whether or not Wi-Fi is enabled and whether the app is currently using that connection.
• The “Device ID & call information” permission is needed by the app (but only if your device is running Android 2.x or higher). Encoded to store only a partial ID during reporting; it is used to validate a user’s account has not be compromised