BAND for Kids is a group communication app designed for youth (ages 12 and under) to stay connected with their families, sports teams, scout troops, and more. BAND for Kids is a safe space for adolescents to interact within a private social platform, while allowing parents and guardians to moderate activity.
◆ Easy to get started:
– Kids can get started by following these three steps:
1) Download BAND for Kids app to a mobile phone or tablet.
2) Use an email address to sign up (parent consent is required).
3) Join a private Band by parents or guardian invitation.
◆ How parents and kids communicate together safely:
– Kids cannot join groups they were NOT invited to.
– Parents can monitor which group their kids have joined.
– Parents can follow their children’s BAND activity by also joining their groups.
◆ Safer environment for kids to communicate:
– No harassment from strangers.
– No advertisements and in-app purchases.
– Kids cannot create or invite themselves to Bands/Pages.
– Kids cannot search or join public Bands.
◆ Available features for kids:
– Admin of the Band can determine which features are available to the Kids users.
– With BAND for Kids, adolescent users can publish posts on the Community Board and attach files, images, or videos to the posts. They can also chat with other members of their Bands.
– BAND for Kids is available on any device including smart phones, tablets, and PC.
◆ Private and Secure
– BAND has acquired the SOC 2 and 3 certificates for its privacy protection and ISO/IEC27001 Certification for outstanding information security management systems.
• Keep your background fun and private when on a video call. You can now set a virtual backgrounds or blur it out.
• Check who, when, and for how long each member watched your video.
• Set a thumbnail for your videos to help others identify them.
• Tap on the video to rewind or fast forward, and adjust the playback speed.
• Send Voice Memos up to 30 minutes long!